- Company: Nutrition International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.
Know our team
Nutrition International (NI)’s Africa Region Corporate Services Unit comprises of a team of expertise that work closely with the Country Offices in the region and HQ in Ottawa. The primary mandate for the Corporate Services Unit is to provide leadership and support in corporate and program finance management, budget management, donor reporting, procurement and office administration functions.
Nutrition International is seeking applications for Program Finance Officer, Africa to be based in Nairobi, Kenya
You will have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. At least 5 years’ experience working in finance in the development sector. Excellent interpersonal and people management skills. Competent IT, financial management and administration skills. Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and with attention to detail. Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Great Plains and experience in Contract/Grant Database will be an added advantage.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Ensuring that all regional project and contract details are correctly maintained in the NI contracts database.
- Monitoring the Contracts Database (CDB) for the Region on a regular basis. Providing guidance to the Country Offices and resolving / trouble shooting CDB related bottlenecks.
- Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the funding approval form, contract approval sheet, payment request form and other related documents received from the country offices in the Region.
- Ensuring compliance with established NI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents (Grant agreements, consulting contracts, travel letters, extension and supplement requests).
- Reviewing contract budgets to ensure only eligible costs are budgeted for, and all activities budgeted for are in line with the approved workplan / implementation plan.
- Preparing Budget Change forms on request for budget shifts from Country Offices and facilitate full approvals.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.